Friday, March 26, 2010

Nga Phong

Has anyone been to the Nga Phong area? North of Hue. My friend has recommended it and I want to know if anyone has been there. Or is it Phong Nga?



Nga Phong


drifter, in my atlas book 2001, Phong Nha is one of the biggest and most beautiful caves (grottos) in Vietnam. I wanted to go there and Hue but I didn%26#39;t have enough time last month.





land



Nga Phong


I too am interested in going to the Phong Nha grottos %26amp; Vinh Moc Tunnel - I think that is what you are enquiring about. I have emailed a few companies but it seems quite pricy eg $280US for 3 of us. I would appreciate any info from fellow travellers. We are staying in Hue for 2 days and am keen to see the grottos and tunnel.




The exact name for the place is Phong Nha - Ke Bang which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site in Vietnam from 2003. Actually the place consits of Phong Nha cave - and Ke Bang limestones.



it takes you a full day to go there from Hue %26amp; back ( 6am to 7pm ). Remmember to ask your driver to stop at Hien Luong Bridge - Line division between North %26amp; South Vietnam during the Vietnam war.



Mr Phuoc


  • cartridge
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment