Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Bad taxi experience in Hanoi

I went to Ho Chi Minh Museum by Hanoi Tour Taxi (by meter)(I hope i type the right name) from Hang Bac Street, it cost me VND35,000.



I came back to Hang Bac Street from Ho Chi Minh Museum by this green colour MAiLINH Taxi (by meter), it took me VND79,000!



The meter jumps very fast!



It starts from VND15,000, within 5mins, it became VND40,000! It really spoilt my mood...



When we arrived our hotel in Hang Bac Street, I wanted to get translate from the hotel receptionist, guess what? The taxi driver locked all the doors, you can%26#39;t go out without HIS %26#39;permission%26#39;.



What can we do? He charged us by ';METER';...



Please be alert of these cases...



Bad taxi experience in Hanoi


My Xile,





That is a scary experience, he locked you guy in the car? Did he thinks you are not going to pay or something? That is weird.



Bad taxi experience in Hanoi


Hanoi really has to do something about its taxis. It seems like most of those guys are crooks. I have been ripped off by taxis several times in Hanoi, and never once in HCMC.



I dream of the day when VN has a Tourist Police section, like in Thailand. If they started regulating these things properly the tourist return numbers would actually start increasing.




Bentre,





Don%26#39;t they have them undercover in tourist area of district 1?




Bentre,





Don%26#39;t they have undercover police in tourist area of district 1?




tibet71,



The taxi driver knew tat I want to seek %26#39;help%26#39; from the hotel receptionist, he didn%26#39;t want to stop right infront my hotel! He stopped before the hotel, I said ';to the hotel';, then he stopped few shops away fromt the hotel... Locked the door, pointed to the meter unfriendly. After we paid, he said,%26#39;Hotel, hotel, hotel...%26#39;



I was very angry! But my partner said don%26#39;t fight with him since we are not familiar with the place %26amp; ppl there...




Sorry to hear that, these people are ruining the industry and ruining themselves. Just for reco if you are kind enough to come back. Use 3535353 or 3262626 taxi firms.




IndochinaVoyages,



Thanks! I will go back for Halong Bay which I missed out during my last trip. ^_^




Mai Linh is a rather reputable in HN. remember that if u encounter the same thing next time, keep calm and just pay when you get out. When u loose ur temper, it%26#39;s something alerting the driver that u will go away without paying the fee. and in that case, u get trouble. Just keep your anger down and show him that ur gonna do something usual, which signal him nothing wrong. and then, make a phone call to the company and things will be made clear.





in case, you openly show up your offense and that wicked guy does not open his car. what else could he further do to you??? drive around untill he%26#39;s tired of your presence in his car! no more than 10 mins of patient contest, I guess. (remember this application can be applied to reputable taxi and occupants are strong male, I%26#39;m sorry)





be calm always!





Safe travels!




As tourists, I feel that we just have to not be intimidated in situations like this. I was in Hue in a cyclo, I agreed to 1 hour at 150,000VND, and when the ride was over, the driver demanded 200,000VND. I said no, that I was paying the original amount, and when he objected I told him to take me to the police station. He took my 150,000VND then quite fast!




Now would you pay if the meter shows VND350,000 ?





Dont laugh, it has happened to me before in Saigon. I almost laugh out when I saw how the meter spun.





I also had a not so pleasant experience with a MaiLinh taxi in Hanoi last week. Took a long way and was overcharged VND30,000; not worth arguing about but I made sure I took back every single dong in change from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment