Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Motorbike Guide Hung

Hey folks,





The trip i did with Hung from Hue to Hoi An was so great that I just have to recommend it here in TripAdvisor.





It started on the first day I arrived in Hue. I was searching for a nice restaurant and I somehow got lost in the streets of Hue, when all of a sudden a friendly vietnamese Guy, Hung approached and helped me out. He took me to the Phuong Nam Restaurant.



We had a very relaxed talk and he told me that he is doing motorbike trips trough the central highlands and off the beaten track. It was relaxed because he never acted like all the travel agents hassling you all the time. He never threw out a sentence like: ';You have to get on my tour.';





Even though it was not really in the range of my budget a started thinking about it. He offered me to do a city tour around Hue, just to see what its like getting around with him. He brought me to the major sights, but also to some places, you won%26#39;t get to see on a normal sightseeing tour. He knows a lot about his city and also his country.





After the city tour I just kept thinking and thinking, but in the end the city tour and the recommendations of other tourist confessed me, that this is the right thing to do. So I booked a two day trip with him from Hue to Hoi An.





We started at 8 o%26#39;clock in the morning and went westwards to Aloui. On the way we took a few stops for drinking tea, taking pictures and of course for a swim at a beautiful spring in the middle of nowhere. He really knows the special places, that normally just the locals get so see.





After we had lunch in Aloui, we went further up the mountains on the Ho Chi Minh Trail. A wonderful scenery, which is completely different from the normal tourist trail along the coast. You barely see any other ';white man'; on the trip through the central highlands.





For the night we stopped in P Rao (Hien), in very clean and nice guesthouse. It is really relaxed traveling with him. If you wanna have a talk, he%26#39;s always open for some conversation. But if you wanna be for yourself he leaves you alone.



Hung really tries to make your trip as comfortable and exciting as possible. Once he told me, he wants to get paid after the tour is finished, so he has to work hard all the time. That%26#39;s a very nice attitude.





On the second day he took to the ruins of My Son before bringing me to a nice hotel in Hoi An.





I really enjoyed the two day trip with him. If I would have had more money I would probably booked a week or more on the back of his motorbike.





When he%26#39;s not on a tour he usually hangs around with some companions at Phuong Nam Cafe, but be aware he may find you before you get the chance to find him ;)





Maurice, Germany

No comments:

Post a Comment