Tuesday, March 30, 2010

ATM at the airport

Hi guys,



I am sure there must be but wanted to double check. Is there an atm at the HCMC Airport and also an currency exchange shop?



Thanks



ATM at the airport


I don%26#39;t know about the ATM machines, but as you exit the customs/immigration area you will see four or five stands where you can change money and get a taxi. You need to check the exchange rate at each individual stand as it varies greatly as does the price of a taxi. So, ask and then ask at the next one and so on. The exchange rates are posted but you need to ask about the taxi rate. I usually change about $50 US at the airport (ask for some smaller bills for the taxi and tip at the hotel) and then change larger bills at a jewelry shop near the Ben Thanh Market for a better exchange rate. (I only change US dollars, but I%26#39;m sure they give a good rate for the Euro and the Aus Dollar or the Pound, but again I have never exchanged those). ATM%26#39;s are all over the place but I had to pay a fee for the Vietnamese bank (about $1.30) and for my American Bank ($5.00)for each transaction with an ATM. Lots of places to exchange money and if you check around you can get better exchange rates.

No comments:

Post a Comment