Sunday, March 28, 2010

Airport hotel in Hanoi

There is only one hotel near the airport in Hanoi - that%26#39;s the Noi Bai Airport Hotel - and I%26#39;ve just stayed in it. It was the worst hotel experience of my life (and I%26#39;ve stayed in plenty other two star hotels before. The dinner was appalling and the chicken that I ordered was so undercooked it had bright red blood dripping from it. My zircon didn%26#39;t work at all and I requested to either change rooms or have it fixed, neither happen despite the fact that I checked in at lunchtime and there were only three other rooms taken in the whole hotel. Also the receptionist charged me two dollars for breakfast on arrival but when I sat down to eat the next morning it didn%26#39;t correspond to anything on the menu that they offered. I showed the waitress the receipt and she looked confused. In the end we had to get the receptionist involved as it seemed like my two dollars didn%26#39;t pay for anything at all. I can afford two dollars but I don%26#39;t like the feeling of being scammed. For 33 dollars a night I would expect better. As the taxis are so cheap her I would advise you to get a taxi into town where there is a better selection of budget hotels and hostels.



Airport hotel in Hanoi


My husband and I also stayed at the Noi Bai Airport Hotel a couple of weeks ago. It was our last night in Vietmam and as we flew in late at night from Danang and had an early flight the next morning we felt no need to travel into Hanoi. What a mistake!! This is definately the worst hotel I have ever stayed in in my life...We intentionaly booked the best room they had 2 weeks prior as we wanted our holiday to end on a high. We paid something in the vecinity of $US44 when we checked in before seeing the room(it could have been more - can%26#39;t remember). After checking in and being taken to the room I requested a better room as the room we were given was disgusting. I was told that we had the best room. There were no sheets on the bed, the carpet was badly stained, the walls were dirty and the room was full of mosquitos buzzing around. The receptionist sent housekeeping up who tried to put single sheets on the double bed. The sheets were stained and had holes in them. I went through half a dozen sheets to find ones in decent condition without any luck. The housekeeper had no idea how to make the bed using the sheets so I did it for her. Luckly we had satin sheets in our bags from our train trip to Sapa and also had a travel rug which we used instead of the bedspread (who knows when the last time it was cleaned). I then tried to communicate with the housekeeper that we needed spray for the mosquitos. She brought us a can of room freshner. After animated conversation we finally received a can of bug spray. The bed was like lying on concrete it was so hard that we got no sleep what-so-ever. When we got up the next morning I didn%26#39;t dare have a shower or brush my teeth (I did this at the airport) as I just wanted to get out of this awful place. This place definately left a bad taste in our mouth after all the lovely hotels we had stayed in during our trip. I would not have even paid $US2 to stay here. Please be warned this hotel appears to be an old government building that has been transformed into a hotel although some rooms appear to be still used as offices. My recommendation is that you travel into Hanoi no matter how late you fly in or how early you fly out.

No comments:

Post a Comment