Tuesday, March 30, 2010

sinh cafe tour - payment

Hi alls,



I have decided to take the tour of Sinhcafevn.com. The one that costs $25 for 1N2D, or $35 2N3D, and change the hotel in Cantho.



At the point that we almost finalized, they ask me to pay in advance by Bank Money Transfer. That is $45, $35 per transaction. Uh! So far this is a safe way to pay anyway, but $45 for a transaction of $120, is it not expensive?





Has anyone had this experience? I could opt to arrive there and pay cash, but I%26#39;m afraid that the good hotel will be booked.





I also looked at those hotel reservation sites, they all request photocopies of your credit card, both sides, the secret 3 digitts #, and the photo of your passaport! That is an invitation for identity theft. Strange that no business there use PayPal or Propay. If you have to pay 3% for credit card payment, you can as well pay the same to PayPal.





I would appreciate any advises. Thanks



sinh cafe tour - payment


Hi Moonie,



I booked a couple of days trips for 4 people with Sinh Cafe before I arrived and I was never asked to prepay. One trip was $28 and the other $80.



We also went on their 1n/2d Mekong Delta trip for $25 pp, but we booked and paid when we got there, only one day in advance. I believe Sinh Cafe themselves to be good operators, but putting all your details out there is is risky. When I prepaid the train ticket man in Hanoi I used Xoom something (hopefully someone will be able to clarify) which has very tight security and only cost a few dollars in fees.And is almost nothing if your are from USA.



AUD fee = $9



USD fee = $1.50





When I went on the trip (twice) no-one upgraded the hotel so you should be ok to wait.





Good Luck



Cooperellie



sinh cafe tour - payment


hello copperellie, thanks for your details message. What is it xoom?



Regarding hotel, I already tried to book on my own, one good mid-range hotel is already booked on Feb 25, the date that I will be there with Sinfcafe tour.



Perhaps for the tour, I can go there upon arrival in HCM, and book for the next day or the day after next. I heard that Feb and March are high season.



How was your experience with Sinh cafe, where did you go in the Mekong Delta?



Thanks again for your informations




www.xoom.com





It%26#39;s a safe way to send money overseas.





Just ask Sinh Cafe to upgrade your hotel when you book - don%26#39;t bother organising one yourself.Unless you really really want to stay somewhere special. On both trips I%26#39;ve been on, you arrive at the guesthouse about 6pm and have to leave again at 7am so there%26#39;s no time to enjoy any better facilities anyway. You won%26#39;t find a better deal for the price.





I found their trip to be basic as far as boats and comfort go, but we saw heaps. Plus they take you to their own resturant for lunch on the Delta.





And they don%26#39;t take you to places where the locals expect to be tipped by every tourist for doing their job.





Regards



Cooperellie















Cooperellie




Sinh Cafe did not ask me to prepay for a tour in advance (2n/3d to Cambodia via Can Tho and Chaudoc). They told me to just go to their office one day before the tour date and buy the ticket as tours leave every day.




I also didn%26#39;t have to pre-pay with Sinh Caf茅. It sounds to me like you are dealing with one of the many ';copies'; of the Caf茅. Look up threads on this forum called ';The Real Sinh Caf茅)




Thanks everybody, you are mostly helpful with your information. It helps me to be tranquil. So I guess my trip preparation is done. LOL!.




Sinh cafe, De Tham %26amp; Pham Ngu Lao, opens until 9-10pm. I paid the night before for overnight trips.




Which is true ?





http://www.sinhcafe.com





http://www.sinhcafe.com




www.sinhcafevn.com is the right one





all the rest are bogus




Hi all,





I don`t want to open a new post, but I have a same problem with Sinh Cafe.





I hope I`m dealing with the real Sinh Cafe , here is their website, (what many people recommended on TA ) :



http://www.sinhcafevn.com/AboutUs.asp





I wanted to book a Sapa tour, because I have no time to book it when I will be there, I want to leave on the same night when I will arrive to Hanoi.





Many people posted Sinh Cafe did not ask for deposit , and they did not pay in advance.





I thought I would go to the office at the morning and I will pay the tour cost.



But unfortunately I got an email back yesterday, saying



';In order to assure your booking , a 50% nonrefundable deposit by bank transfer will be requested to guarantee your booking. Sinh Cafe will confirm the booking once it receives your deposit as guarantee. Reservation made by e-mail/Internet without deposit in advance will not be considered. Would you mind paying by bank transfer? We will inform our bank details after we have your agreement. ';





Is it something new ? Or I`m dealing with the real ';fake'; Sinh Cafe ?





I think a 50% nonrefundable deposit a little bit too much, especially after reading many post about that they do not ask for deposit.





Thanks



zskin

No comments:

Post a Comment