Monday, December 12, 2011

Vietnam or Thailand

We%26#39;ve been going to Thailand for the last couple of our OS trips (generally every 2 years). We have really loved Thailand and usually do a couple of day%26#39;s in Bangkok for the shopping/cultural experiences followed by a couple of weeks in Phuket to relax by the pool/beach with some day trips added in here and there.





For our next trip we were thinking of Vietnam but would still like to have some day%26#39;s relaxing by the pool or beach as we work long hours and will need the rest. At the same time we like to ';discover'; the country we are in.





My question is....is Vietnam a place where we can do this?





Vietnam or Thailand


My wife and i went 2 vietnam,cambodia and thailand for 1week each last nov. I would recommend cambodia over vietnam. PP is a great easy city to explore but the jewel is kep/kampot. Kampot is on the sea and not busy just yet and ';the veranda'; at kampot is amazing, cheap with great views of the water.Also the people dont wont to rip u off as wuch as the vietnamese.Safe travels.



Vietnam or Thailand


I vote for Vietnam. I%26#39;m now in Chiang Mai, and while I find Thailand very nice, I miss the atmosphere and people of Vietnam very much (that%26#39;s why I%26#39;m headed there in a few hours). For a very relaxing time in Vietnam, I suggest Hoi An since it has everything you%26#39;ll be needing. Thailand is too Western and First World for me - give me the innocence of Vietnam any day!






Hello, My boyfirnd and I just returned from Vietnam 3 days ago...our experience there was definately not relaxing. although if you plan on spending a bit more money on your hotel then you may be able to relax more. Vietnam on a whole is very loud, very busy, and most of all you will not get a chance to fully feel relaxed on the beach as people are constantly trying to sell you stuff. We visited both Hoi An and Nha Trang, the beaches were very nice but again we were always being hassled to buy things even when you paid to sit on a beach bed....the soliciting never ends. We have not been to Thailand to draw a comparison but this would be my opinion on Vietnam.

No comments:

Post a Comment