Monday, December 12, 2011

Do I get my Visa now ?- travelling in 5 weeks

Hi All,



We have decided just to get our visas in Australia for VN before we leave, in just over 5 weeks. Visa on Arrival does not suit us as we don%26#39;t arrive until late in the evening, and don%26#39;t want to spend too much time at the airport.



Should we arrange the visas now, or wait until a couple of weeks beforehand? Do they give you the 30 days cover from the time you request the visa, or do you give them the dates you are travelling?



This is probably a dumb question, but I%26#39;m just not too sure. I would rather apply for the visa now, and get it out of the way.



Thanks to all,



Sandy



Do I get my Visa now ?- travelling in 5 weeks


Hello,





Yes, you could apply your visa now.



I got my visa 2 months prior departure date.



On the application form they will ask you when you want to enter and leave the country.Your visa will be valid from that date what you will put down for arrival date. Will be valid from this date for a month. (single visa ).



However I applied in the UK , it took 3 weeks to get it back (TET), normally 2 weeks.



If you are not sure, just give them a call, they are very helpful.





Have a nice holiday!



zskin



Do I get my Visa now ?- travelling in 5 weeks


Make sure you put down the correct date of arrival, because they won`t let you in if you arrive earlier than the date shows.



I will arrive on 06/04/2009 , but I filled 05/04/2009.



So my visa valid from 05/04/2009 until 05/05/2009.




Hi Sandy,





We have 4 weeks to go, and we are sending ours off tomorrow x




Hi SandyL



We leave next Tuesday and applied for our Visa just before New Year.



It only took a week with public holidays included and they date the visa the day you travel.



Have a great trip




As others have said, you give them your travel dates and that%26#39;s when the visa is for. We got ours months ago and will be travelling end of March :-) I like to be organised :-)




Thanks all,



I will get on to it right away!!!!



X Sandy




Sandy,





We leave in 7 weeks and I sent mine off today. I had to pay $75 per adult and $65 per child for a single entry for 3 weeks tourist visa.





Ails




Hi All,



I have just found out that the Consulate General of Vietnam in Edgecliff, Sydney, issues visas on the spot at a cost of $70AUS. You can download the application form and take it in (or post it) to their address in Edgecliff, NSW - Phone 9327-2539. It saves all the mucking around, sending it off to Canberra. I will be taking it in, as they still need your original passport to sight, and payment, of course.



Hope this may help anyone, especially Sydney people, planning a trip to Vietnam.



Cheers,



Sandy




Hi SandyL



They will still hold you passport and mail it back to you takes about 3 days.



6 sleeps AND COUNTING!!!!




Thanks for that - Have an AWESOME holiday!!!!!



Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment