Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Anyone been to both Mui Ne and Phuket...???

Hi There,





After 2 wonderful trips to Mui Ne in the past 18 months, we thought we might head to Phuket later this year.





Now, I am fully aware that this is NOT a Thailand forum, but was wondering if there%26#39;s anyone that has spent time in Mui Ne AND Phuket, that can offer some kind of comparison for me. We absolutely love the Cham Villas in Mui Ne, but I am concerned that Phuket is going to be too touristy for us. We are thinking of staying away from Patong beach, or perhaps even on Koh Samui...will we be disappointed, after Mui Ne???





I have started reading and posted on the Thailand TA forums, but really want to hear from someone that%26#39;s experienced Mui Ne as well as Phuket %26amp;/or Koh Samui.





Any comments or help would be greatly appreciated...





rech :)



Anyone been to both Mui Ne and Phuket...???


I havent been to Phuket for 10 years but it was a lot,lot more developed along Patong beach than MuiNe but then saying that it was very easy to hire a car and get lost on a beach or up in the hills or just get away to the little beaches where the locals BBQ fish and crabs on the beach.



Have a look at the island off Koh Samui



it is a ferry ride away. Huts on the beach very relaxed I have some phots if your interested. Pm me



Mui NE is great I have been there twice but I phu quoc has won me.I all comes down to what you are looking for.



Anyone been to both Mui Ne and Phuket...???


Hi rech,





I have been to both.Mui Ne is much much quieter than Phuket. We used Mui Ne as a last stop during our travel in Vietnam to relax and unwind. We loved the area , 5 nights was enough for us. Phuket on the other hand is very very touristy. We stayed at Kata Noi Beach at the - Kata Thani Beach Resort)great resort has it%26#39;s own beach front. It is a very quite area and you can walk into Kata Beach area for shopping/dinner etc. If you want more action you can catch tuk tuk into Patong area it takes about 20mins. We only did this once as we preferred the more laid back atmosphere of Kata and Karon area. We preferred kata Noi to Mui Ne as there was a bit more to do there. WE are a family so maybe our needs are different to yours. Next time we will go to Krabi /Koh Samui for something different again.




Hi Rech,



I will reply to you about Phuket - thought it best if I wait until we visit MuiNe next month, when I have a chance to look at Cham Villas and see exactly what sort of place you prefer.



At this stage I think Patong may be too touristy for you, and Kata could fit the bill, if you want Phuket. You will definitely find some nice accomodation in Kata - but there is not much directly on the beach.



Ko Samui on the other hand, is my pick - John %26amp; I look forward to going back there, but would also love to go to Ko Phangan - but I am not sure if there is much to do there except sit on the beach. We stayed at Samui Paradise Chaweng - the southern end of Chaweng Beach, and I KNOW that you will love it down there.



If it can wait until I get back from VN I will give you my ideas.



Cheers,



Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment