Monday, December 12, 2011

Hi there

I will be in Vietnam for 13 days, visiting north and south.





Should I take euros or dollars ?





Can someone tell me the price for the exchange in dongs ? for euros and dollars.





Thank You



Hi there


Take euros, you can easily exchange them at banks and jewellers for VND. If you have an ATM card you can withdraw VND directly. If you take dollars you will have two lots of exchange fees instead of one.



For exchange rates, try



www.xe.com



Hi there


I agree with Foodie, that%26#39;s the smartest way.



Have a good holiday




Hello, when withdrawing money from an ATM, what denomination is it in? Would I be able to get smaller amounts or would I need to exchange it elsewhere?




Hi



Exchange rate daily change.



It is around: 1 Usd = 17,400 VND



1 Euro = 25,000 VND





RGDs



Khanh - Vietcrane




I thought ';If you have an ATM card you can withdraw VND directly'; was a clue that ATMs dispense VND (Viet Namese Dong). Don%26#39;t understand what you mean by ';get smaller amounts'; - you withdraw as much or as little as you want. If you mean ';smaller denomination bills';, I imagine your ATMs at home dispense in one or possibly two denominations and you go from there. Vietnamese ATMs are similar. As I recall we mostly got 100,000VND notes.




As YorkFoodie says most ATMs in VN dispense 100,000VND notes which is worth about 6USD. This note is accepted almost anywhere and is easily changed into smaller denominations. Some ATM%26#39;s will dispense denominations as small as 20,000VND but you%26#39;ll end up with a pocketful of many many bills. I learned this from experience. On my first visit to Saigon 5 years ago most ATMs dispensed only 50,000VND notes. I wanted to withdraw about 250USD and ended up with (80) 50,000VND notes. Way too much for any wallet. I stuffed every available pocket with money and it was still a struggle. It%26#39;s much easier now with the larger notes.




Great! that%26#39;s what I wanted to know... what amount is dispensed from the ATMs. I%26#39;ve heard that it can be hard to get small change from vendors so was hoping to have small bills to pay for food, taxis, souvenirs, etc. Getting excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment