Friday, April 2, 2010

Laptop question

Hello all!



I have been searching past posts about bring laptops to VN but most of them were from 2006. I will be there in April and wondering if anyone can please tell me if they have had issues with customs regarding bringing your personal laptop? Do you declare your laptop? I will be on a mini vacation but stil need to log in with work everyday. Thanks in advance and sorry if this is a redundant question.



Laptop question


Hi



Just got back 3 days ago and saw plenty of people travelling with laptops and using them with the free WIFI in hotels.I also saw people using a Skype phone they had brought with them on a hotel computer.



I didn%26#39;t bring mine - just opted to take an Ipod touch which was useful for email and a lot smaller to carry with me.



Everywhere we stayed also had computers for free use. Internet cafes are also very cheap and we found them everywhere - even market towns in the Mekong.





Laptop question


The custom will not ask you if you are a foreigner. But if you are viet kieu (vietnamese living over sea), then when your luggages go through the scan, he/she can see it and will question you. But no worry, just tell them that I need to work while on vacation, they will ask for money and be patient not to give them anything, they have to let you go. I once brought a couple laptops with me for my friend in Vietnam and was asked too. I kept my patience and did not have to pay anything at all.




I just went to Viet Nam a month ago. I brought my laptop with me. I did not have to declare it at all.




Don%26#39;t worry, bringing laptop is normal. Just don%26#39;t bring a brandnew, in-box laptop because they will think you are importing goods to VN (hence the declaration and import tax). Also don%26#39;t bring more than one, for the same reason.





One personal computer is ok. The same rule applied to camera and camcorder.


  • pores
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment