Sunday, April 4, 2010

Avoid 'Impressions Boutique' in Hoi An! (Feb 2009)

I am writing this to save people from making a massive mistake from buying from Impressions Boutique (70 Tran Hung Dao Street) in Hoi An. They are so rude and unprofessional and I can%26#39;t believe I was physically attacked. I have read many reports online about them being incompetent but luckily I didn%26#39;t get that far. I will tell you why..





I saw a nice coat and asked if they could make it in black. They said no but they had different material and would make it and show it to me after it was made. I said I was thinking about another coat at another tailor and couldn%26#39;t decide so took a photo. No other tailor has ever objected to this. Before I knew it she immediately snatched my camera out of my hand (which had 3000 of my travelling photos on) so of course I grabbed it back off her. When I went to put the camera back in my bag she then grabbed my rucksack with both hands. Luckily I was bigger than her and I managed to pull the rucksack out of her hands. She then took my hat and ran off with it saying she was taking it as I took a photo. So not only is she incompetent and unprofessional, she is a thief! Don%26#39;t even bother going here. They are also 4 x more expensive than anywhere else. I hate this place. They are only recommended by guest houses as the tailor pays them all! You might also want to check out this website:





http://www.impressions-boutique-hoi-an.com







Go here at your peril!





Avoid 'Impressions Boutique' in Hoi An! (Feb 2009)


Had you joined TripAdvisor before instead of after your trip, you would have found many such warnings here already. But thanks for reiterating it.



Avoid 'Impressions Boutique' in Hoi An! (Feb 2009)


You took a picture of her product without seeking her permission .......




erm.. they are called %26#39;Impressions%26#39; Boutique as they rip off copies of other people%26#39;s work and copy clothes from a catalogue!! Pot, Kettle %26amp; Black. The coat was hardly her own creation!





I could have got them to make it but I was making up my mind. Thankgod I didn%26#39;t. You only have to type in their name to any internet search engine and see how unbelievably unpopular they are. I don%26#39;t know anyone here that has a good work to say about them.





Besides, there is no excuse for violence.




I%26#39;m with you all the way trekkinggirl36 - and I dont know how anyone could defend this place!





I was in Vietnam about 18 mths ago with friends and one of them had some things made at %26#39;impressions%26#39; also. Initially my friend thought she had found the best most professional tailor in Hoi An. What a huge, huge mistake, my friends were also attacked by %26#39;Miss Kim%26#39; and had to run out onto the street in the middle of traffic screaming after they just wanted what they had paid for (the large deposit) and didnt want to pay any more for the rest of the dodgy and extremely poor workmanship that was offered to her. These people are liars and cheats and extremely unethical - BAD IMPRESSIONS is what I would call them.





Definitely agreed: Go there at your peril!




I am not defending the boutique but the OP acted inappropriately in the first place. You do not go into a shop and start snapping pictures of the goods on display, even if the goods are not of original design. If you really need the pictures, at least have the decency to seek permission.




Hi trekkinggirl36,



There have been lots of negative reviews on this tailor.



But in this case, i personally think you had made a mistake : Taking pictures without asking them for permission.



I am a local Hoianese, and will have the following question for you. Can i visit a tailor shop in London, and '; I said I was thinking about another coat at another tailor and couldn%26#39;t decide so took a photo - without asking for permission'; ? Is it possible?.





No comments:

Post a Comment