Friday, April 2, 2010

How much time do I need to do the top spots in Hue?

We arrive at Hue airport at 8:10am, and are planning to hire a car/guide the next day to drive us to Hoi An, with no particular time of having to get there.





We are wanting to see the Citadel,cruise the Perfume River, and see a tomb or two. But we also want to drive over the pass, and make brief stops at Lang Co Beach and the Marble Mountains enroute to Hoi An.





Is the first day enough time to do everything in Hue? Or will we need to carry something over into the next day? If so, what I would like to know is what time do I arrange for the driver to pick us up?





How much time do I need to do the top spots in Hue?


Ooh, and I forgot to add, we also want to do the Dong Ba Market in Hue as well.



How much time do I need to do the top spots in Hue?


If you have the time I would allow another day for Hue. Failing that perhaps have a late departure out of Hue for Hoi An.





We did a half day tour with ';Cafe on Thu Wheels'; and they were excellent. Citadel basically took a full morning alone.





We have some pics and stories of our trip here... www.bobandjanette.com which may help.





Happy %26amp; safe travels






Hi There, NZCaroline,



I have spent 1 year in Hue over the last 10 years.( and plenty of time all over VN )



I have posted this website before ----Hue has much to see---it is DIFFERENT to Hoi An, which is generally more favoured by tourists.



Have a look at this website and see what you think!



You can get a driver anytime to collect you ----easy! Most of these places are off the '; beaten track and I have been to them all----recommended!!!!-----I love a 2day/1 night trip to Bach Ma, if you have the time.



plover



france.thuathienhue.gov.vn/Main.asp…



plover



P.S---this is great website , with many links you can look at!












Thanks Bob and Janette, your photos and stories are awesome!





We can%26#39;t stay any longer in Hue as we don%26#39;t want to compromise what little time we have in Hoi An and have already booked our accommodation there. So I guess it%26#39;s just a matter of how long we allow for the day in Hue before we move on to Hoi An.





Would 2pm be a safe bet to give us enough time for finishing up in Hue but not rushing the trip to Hoi An?




Whoa Plover, now you%26#39;ve put me in a total spin! What an awesome website - I want to do it all! It would be great to fully explore each area, but I guess that%26#39;s why you go back to a country you love. How on each do I pick out of that list with limited time! It all looks fabulous - thanks so much for that :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment