Sunday, April 4, 2010

Credit card payments concerns

Hi,





Am after some advice really. I have been booking trips and hotels in Vietnam for April using all the fantastic advice from the people on this site.





Once thing I am a bit concerned about is paying by credit card. Almost every hotel and tour company we have contacted through advice from Tripadvisor users want us to send a photocopy of our passports and the front and back of my credit cards including Pilgrimage Village (Hue) and Columbus cruises (HaLong) to confirm our booking even though we have already given card details. I was wondering if this is normal practice. Has anyone else come across this? Is this usual practice?



Thanks





Credit card payments concerns


Hello,





I`m going to Vietnam in April and I have already booked my hotels, but they did not ask for my credit card details.



How I read on TA, not many tourist in Vietnam now , try to deal with them like your bank said that is a big risk so you can not give them your credit card details, but you kindly ask them to accept your booking.



Have you tried to book through agoda,asiarooms etc. ?



They are usually cheaper than the hotel itself.



HaLong, if you will have a few days before departing you can do booking when you are there.Or it is again, tell them you will pay, when you arrive, a day earlier.





Have a nice holiday!



zskin



Credit card payments concerns


Sorry, I forgot.



Yes, it is a usual practice they they try to ask for your deposit or credit card details.



But when you say no, they are usually try to find other alternatives (they do not want to lose tourist).



I have just found your hotel on asiarooms, I would book with them , and I would leave Colombus cruises when you will be in Vietnam. (if they still stick with their policy)




Hi zskin





Thanks for the advice. I am going to do as you say and request that I pay on arrival. Do not feel comfortable about sending photocopies of cards etc.





Thanks again and have a good trip too!




We%26#39;ve just returned from a very enjoyable five weeks there. In our experience only a few hotels asked for a deposit up-front and none asked for passport details. After a telling them we were unhappy with the security aspects of their requests some relented and some insisted. In one case we wanted to stay, so we faxed the credit card details requested (more secure than email?) and in others the request was so unreasonable we chose somewhere else (and told them so). Trust your judgement - if the Ts and Cs (eg on deposits and cancellations) look unreasonable (and requesting passport details is unreasonable in our view) go elsewhere, but tell them why, so they may get the message.

No comments:

Post a Comment