Friday, April 2, 2010

Hai Au Hotel

Hi All,



Has anyone stayed at The Hai Au hotel?



The hotel reviews seem to be good , any feedback most welcome.



Cheers,



Stewie.



Hai Au Hotel


I%26#39;m also awaiting a response for the Hai Au as I%26#39;ve booked there for March. I hear it%26#39;s a great hotel with excellent staff. The only negatives would be the smaller pool and location somewhat out of Hoi An town.



Last trip I stayed at the Dai Long right in the center of Hoi An - it was excellent but rather basic and no breakfast.



Hai Au Hotel


I have just confirmed my booking, going for 5 nights 20th - 25th December. Will post review when I get back.




I stayed at the Hai Au in December. I think some of the reviews are a little too positive; indeed the %26#39;traveller photos%26#39; are the same as the ones used by the hotel outside its front door - so go figure!





While the hotel is fine, I wouldn%26#39;t say it was fantastic. Among the negative points are lack of shower curtain, not enough power points in room, and very small balcony with no view. It%26#39;s also a good 10-15 minute walk into the old town.





That said, it%26#39;s clean, the staff are friendly and non pushy, and the breakfast buffet is quite good. I%26#39;m sure there are worse choices in Hoi An.




I must say that I should have taken the clue from Drumbrake, because I could only take the Hai Au for 3 of the 5 nights booked. It%26#39;s not terribly bad, but there%26#39;s enough to fault for one to seek other accommodation in a competitive town like Hoi An. A poor laundry service (clothes half washed), a smelly bathroom, blood stained sheets, terrible computers and quite noisy (an Intrepid Tour hotel with all the young rowdies) are a few of my complaints. You can do much better in Hoi An. The Hai Au is mediocre at best!

No comments:

Post a Comment